We need YOU!
What if the Lord was inviting the whole Church in Greater Austin to mobilize to Port Arthur for one day, to reveal God's great love for a whole city?
Well, it's happening. As churches, pastors, and leaders have gathered over these last few days, we believe the Lord is leading us to go...together. Only God could orchestrate such a magnificent thing, a whole Church in a city serving alongside of the whole Church in another city! And on short notice, but we serve a God whose works are wondrous!
Will you be a part of the 1,000+ we hope will go?
Please sign up as soon as possible to obtain shirt and seat on bus (cut off is Tues)
Who can come? The whole Church (not just ADRN trained), ages 15 and up
The tentative plan for Sept 30th
Details on Port Arthur:
Phase 1: Saturday, Sept 30
*If you are a CISM trained or a Chaplain, we anticipate needing over 200 of you for the largest CISM/Chaplain deployment in our history (est. 10,000 families).
Phase 2: The Weeks Following (work with churches to see Port Arthur restored)
It is very important for us to be long term in our thinking and support, and to work through the local Church in Port Arthur.
What would it look like if we responded to His invitation? We all have a part to play, to see communities empowered in Christ's love. May Jesus be glorified!
The city of Austin, the Mayor's Office, and Travis County have all chosen Austin Disaster Relief Network to head up the city's efforts to provide local and transportable relief to those in need. This is an amazing honor, challenge, and responsibility. Remember...ADRN is the church. It is the people of the church doing the work of the church in times of crisis. Pray for ADRN, give to ADRN, and volunteer!
• Assisted over an estimated 3,000+ survivors
• 750 families have been provided emotional/spiritual care, gift cards and an opportunity to come to our Hope Family Thrift Store
• 30 families who are relocating to Austin have asked to be sponsored by Austin Disaster Relief Network through our Disaster Relief Shepherd program. ADRN will help these families find jobs, find an apartment or home, provide financial assistance where needed and help them get back on their feet.
• Distributed and shipped 78+ semi’s worth of goods (Over 1,710 pallets; Over 1 Million dollars worth of supplies) over the last 9 days through services provided by volunteer drivers and general aviation pilots covering the cost of fuel, trucks and plane transportation
• Hurricane Harvey Survivors have received donated items in LaGrange, Mauriceville, Kountze, Sour Lake, Beaumont, Rockport, Orange, Corpus Christi, Conroe and Houston
• Over 6,200 cars have dropped off supplies at ADRN’s Headquarters in the first 5 days of the supply drive
• Over 7,000 “Welcome Kits” have been donated and distributed in support of Mayor Adler's "call to help"
• ADRN has partnered with churches and businesses to provide 5 designated donation drop-off locations through out Central Texas
• Coordinated and managed over 2,500 Volunteers (1K Community Volunteers)
• Austin Disaster Relief Network has given away nearly $200,000 in gift cards
• Estimated 2,000+ survivors have received up to five (5) outfits each, shoes, linens, toys and more
• Experienced over 11,000 in-bound/out-bound calls (survivors, donors, volunteers)
Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN) is asking the community to help us prepare Clean Up Kits for thousands of survivors impacted by the storm. Kits can be assembled by your family, group, company, church or school and brought to a drop-off location. 3 N-95 Masks are greatly needed!
CLEAN UP BUCKET CONTENTS
HOW TO CREATE A CLEANING KIT
Get a plastic bucket with lid (we will need the lid to stack)